What is a Mini Dental Implant?
Watch this video by Dr. Oscar Esparza as he discusses miniature titanium implants and how they are used to replace missing teeth and provide retention to dentures.
A mini implant is a little piece of titanium, same as the conventional implants, but smaller in diameter. The length of the implant can be the same or can be a little bit longer. The purpose of the mini implant’s design is to be able to anchor into a minimal amount of bone. A conventional implant differs because it needs to have a significant amount of bone to be able to be placed. Mini implants also cost less than the conventional implants and don’t require any bone grafting.
With some exceptions, when we do an extraction and an implant in the same visit, we recommend a bone graph. That way we are sure the implant osseointegrates into the bone. If you’re interested in mini implants, give us a call. We can give you a free consultation to assess the condition of your bone and design a custom treatment.
- What If I’m Missing a Single Tooth?
- What If I’m Missing Multiple Teeth?
- How Long Do Mini Dental Implants Last?
- Are Mini Dental Implants Painful?
- Can I Get a New Tooth the Same Day as an Extraction?
- Can Mini Dental Implants Replace All of My Teeth?
- How Much Does a Mini Dental Implant Cost?
- Are Dental Implants Covered By Insurance?
- Financing for Dental Implants
- Financing for Mini Dental Implants